GBB is pleased to announce Nigeria Integrated Social Housing (NISH) as our strategic partner for the Affordable Housing Investment Summit (AHIS). Our collaboration is aimed at bringing effective solutions to the affordable housing crisis in Africa. Dr. Saheed Kayode Yemi Adelakun, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of NISH Affordable Housing Ltd. had played many roles before being an integral part of NISH, including Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Aviation (MOA), and Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC). NISH objectives include:
- NISH Affordable Housing Ltd facilitates sustainable solutions for rapid, large-scale and cost effective delivery of rental or owned affordable housing to low and medium income earners in both formal and informal sectors through financial, technological, cooperative, and strategic innovations.
- NISH Housing advocates demand-driven, cooperatives-based, government-intervention and strategic partnerships approach to affordable housing for easy access to land and titles, building technologies, infrastructure, adequate and moderately priced housing finance, guarantees, incentivized and efficient processes.
- NISH Housing has made it possible to provide one-stop shop services for delivery of affordable housing in Nigeria and these include advocacy, networking of stakeholders in the housing value chain, integrated housing portal, capacity building, research and development, innovative technologies, land bank, site and services, designs and landscaping, estate development and marketing, facility management, project management, electronic payment, and data management systems, knowledge sharing, prop-tech and fin-tech, brokerage and consulting services, credit line facilitation and housing finance syndication, business development, end-user profiling, aggregation and finance, housing vouchers and partnerships.
- NISH Housing promotes the empowerment of housing off-takers and provides development services for cooperative societies towards delivering affordable housing. Their cooperative development services include capacity building in cooperative principles and governance, equity savings schemes, social capital formation and development of a strong cooperative housing movement in Nigeria. Their in-house cooperative, Nigeria Integrated Social Housing Cooperatives Ltd (NISHCOOP) caters to the housing needs of individuals, groups of individuals and affiliate cooperative societies.
- NISH Housing also enters into partnerships with other housing stakeholders including governments and its agencies, cooperative societies, engineering, procurement and construction contractors (EPC), landowners, building materials manufacturers, built professionals and technicians, investors and financiers, commercial, mortgage, and micro-finance banks, pensions and insurance companies, labor unions, housing associations and corporations, building technology providers, donors and philanthropists, bilateral and multilateral institutions, infrastructure and utility companies.
- The strategic vision is to create Sustainability in Affordability towards decent living and communities and its strategic mission is to build synergies for rapid and large-scale affordable housing solutions.
- NISH Housing organizes workshops, seminars, conferences, and expos in furtherance of its strategic objectives. Their signature event is Nigeria Affordable Housing Finance and Innovation Summit and Expo (NAHFIS). The 2019 and 3rd edition of NAHFIS comes up on 13-14 November 2019 at NAF Conference Centre, Abuja, Nigeria. Details can be obtained from www.nahfis.com
This is our attempt to celebrate the valuable work NISH has been doing relentlessly over the years. Catch NISH at our upcoming event – 2nd Edition Affordable Housing Investment Summit, Africa which is going to be held on 27th and 28th May 2020 in Nigeria.
Be there to witness the grand edition of the AHIS by GBB!